Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Galleys


Although I pride myself in being able to cook anywhere with just an old tin bucket and a spoon, I'm lucky enough to have a couple of galleys I can call home. One in Warsaw (Capital of Poland) where I currently live and one in Les Issambres (South of France) where I spend all my summers.
I would say the most basic tools needed in a galley are a heat proof spatula and a thick cast iron pot. But having an assortment of kitchenware is a nice bonus and we do get used to the little luxuries these bring to us.
In this blog I will be bringing you some of my favorite recipes and culinary inventions which I hope you will try at home. Most things can be prepared from a simple galley with the simplest of tools.
You'll notice I'm not good at giving precise measurements, but that's because cooking is a little bit like art, you need to have a minimum of flair and the quality of your flair will be perceived in the result. Cook for fun, for pleasure, for sharing, but most of all, for yourself.

 My Captain hard at work in Les Issambres

No comments:

Post a Comment